This recipe was contributed by our favorite AuntyN. Thank you, cayang AuntyN :)
Ely : I cooked the nasi goreng, following auntyN's recipe. And I added stir fried beef, to compromise with my husband's taste for meat :)
3 – 4 cups of White rice (either left over or precooked for the Nasi goreng) It is better if the rice is slightly on the hard (keras bukan lembik). When you pre-cooked the rice use less water for the rice.
2 garlics (optional)
2 – 3 table spoon of blended dried chilies (or chilli paste)
50 g anchovies (pre- fried)
50 g fresh shrimp or prawns or chicken or slices of beef
2 table spoon of cooking oil
Salt to taste
20g mixed vegetables
Pre-prepared thin omellete sliced thinly for garnishing
Spring anion for garnishing.
How to cook Nasi Goreng Kampung
1. Heat the cooiking oil in the pan
2. Slice shallots and garlic. Place them in the oil. Stir until almost golden brown
3. Fry the chilli paste until the paste is slightly oily and almost cooked,
4. Put in the the fresh shrimp/chicken/beef. Stir for a short while
5. Put in the fried anchovies, eggs.
6. Lastly put in the whice rice, salt to taste, soya sauce and mix vegetables into the fried ingredient. You can also put in some oyster sauce if you like.
7. Fold in all ingredients and stir to mix well.
8. Place the fried onto a plate, garnish with shredded omelette (pre-prepared), thinly sliced spring onions, fried shallots.
Enjoy the Fried Rice.